Is Your Mental Health Impacted By The Time Of Year?

I have a couple friends, as well as myself sometimes, who go through severe periods of depression, anxiety and other mental disturbances mainly in one part of the year. I was wondering if anyone on LGN has experienced this too, as I don't want to feel alone on this matter. If you do have, when is it and how severe is it?

:kiss:

2 hours ago, Sechito said:

depression, anxiety and other mental disturbances

I have everything 💀 not kidding. 
Depression started since 2010 and anxiety for a couple of years now. I’m a only child and that’s horrible if you are gay. My parents want grandchildren and I don’t, they don’t accept my homosexuality. I don’t want to get married as well. I don’t believe in love. 

Now I’m working on my self esteem because that has never existed in my life. It’s hard, but not impossible. If you are dealing with depression or anxiety, you are not alone, you are brave. And never give up. 

• Love 2

0C7DFDB1-98D3-44C5-83EE-41F5FDA059F6.thumb.jpeg.938e2cf1b324ce058313205951c0fa12.jpeg
i’m addicted to the love that you garner

6 hours ago, Sechito said:

I have a couple friends, as well as myself sometimes, who go through severe periods of depression, anxiety and other mental disturbances mainly in one part of the year. I was wondering if anyone on LGN has experienced this too, as I don't want to feel alone on this matter. If you do have, when is it and how severe is it?

:kiss:

lontemps was affected by the dates of the year which was related to my ex. I have been in depression for years afraid to leave my house every day for fear of meeting her. after several years and therapy I succeed to turn my page. now I am more touched by conversations or songs for example.

4 hours ago, tony said:

I have everything 💀 not kidding. 
Depression started since 2010 and anxiety for a couple of years now. I’m a only child and that’s horrible if 

Now I’m working on my self esteem because that has never existed in my life. It’s hard, but not impossible. If you are dealing with depression or anxiety, you are not alone, you are brave. And never give up. 

I think it's very important what your doing,  working on tour self esteem.  The most important thing is your health, always, and it might help you with the rest 🙂

I forgot I dont like all the new year thing, it's so hypocritical,  I dont like to celebrate a new year who's gonna be as boring as the other one lol I'm always alone that day , it's a choice sort of 🙄

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tony said:

I’m a only child

I always wonder what it's like being an only child. It seems tough, like, I couldn't imagine living without someone to keep you company at your age, its weird. I hope u feel better soon! <3

I got very depressed since I was fifth grade cause i've been bullied for a while but I have to hide my emotions since my parents weren't allowing me to cry or get mad (cause they think there's no reasons for me to and it's not "manly" to cry) so I tend to cry in silence in my room.

Not sure should I put a trigger warning on this but

I started to have some scary thoughts about life and tries to end it all.

and no one take me seriously and think i watched too many television shows and being dramatic and all that.

I also felt left out and lost cause my old friends slowly stopped talking to me or wanting to hang out, everytime when I try to talk to them the tension just feel weird and awkward. I just don't know what to do and started to question myself.

till this day i still feel that way sometimes but it's getting better and my parents are willing to help now. 

27 minutes ago, blinklg said:

I got very depressed since I was fifth grade cause i've been bullied for a while but I have to hide my emotions since my parents weren't allowing me to cry or get mad (cause they think there's no reasons for me to and it's not "manly" to cry) so I tend to cry in silence in my room.

Not sure should I put a trigger warning on this but

I also felt left out and lost cause my old friends slowly stopped talking to me or wanting to hang out, everytime when I try to talk to them the tension just feel weird and awkward. I just don't know what to do and started to question myself.

till this day i still feel that way sometimes but it's getting better and my parents are willing to help now. 

Thank you for sharing this.. 

I am very moved by your testimony, it must have been really difficult for you. you will never be judged here, and always listened to! if you say that you are a little better today, it is reassuring. you would have to find professionals to help you. I would like to do more to help you 🙁. keep hope, things can always work out

And of course you're allowed to cry its human it's not just for girls!  

2 hours ago, Sechito said:

I always wonder what it's like being an only child. It seems tough, like, I couldn't imagine living without someone to keep you company at your age, its weird. I hope u feel better soon! <3

Well, it’s good if you are straight. But it’s a nightmare if you are gay. Because your parents want grandchildren and marriage and they are kind of obligating you for that. Currently, that’s my situation. 

I really wanted to have at least one sibling for my parents to have grandchildren.

• Sad 1

0C7DFDB1-98D3-44C5-83EE-41F5FDA059F6.thumb.jpeg.938e2cf1b324ce058313205951c0fa12.jpeg

24 minutes ago, tony said:

Well, it’s good if you are straight. But it’s a nightmare if you are gay. Because your parents want grandchildren and marriage and they are kind of obligating you for that. Currently, that’s my situation. 

I really wanted to have at least one sibling for my parents to have grandchildren.

It's not fair to have this pressure of having kids. I mean even if you weren't gay you have the rights not wanting kid. But I understand it's sad for parents  but it's your life you can live it like you want!

• TEA 1
1 hour ago, tony said:

It's a pain because I'm gay

and so is my sister

Yeah, no grandkids from either of us

• TEA 1
3 hours ago, Sechito said:

It's a pain because I'm gay

and so is my sister

Yeah, no grandkids from either of us

That’s great. Having children it’s not an obligation. 

4 hours ago, Adeline said:

It's not fair to have this pressure of having kids. I mean even if you weren't gay you have the rights not wanting kid. But I understand it's sad for parents  but it's your life you can live it like you want!

Yes. You are 100% right. 

• TEA 1

Just now, Sechito said:

i don't like children anyways haha

Same. Well, I like them but not for me hahahahaa

Just now, tony said:

Same. Well, I like them but not for me hahahahaa

plus...i would be such a bad dad, i'd probably forget i even had a child if i had one and leave them in an airport or something lmao

• Clown 1
2 minutes ago, Sechito said:

plus...i would be such a bad dad, i'd probably forget i even had a child if i had one and leave them in an airport or something lmao

LOL. 

I won’t be like that. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Sechito said:

i would be so bad as a dad so its better off that im gay haha

Well, gays can be parents too. And they have raised children. 

• Love 1
  • TEA 1

8 hours ago, Sechito said:

i don't like children anyways haha

Me neither,  and trust me for a woman it's a lot worst. The pressure to get married and have kids is awful.  But I'm a lesbian so I dont care lol

5 hours ago, tony said:

Well, gays can be parents too. And they have raised children. 

Yes everybody can, it's just harder for some people.  But it has to be  a real choice. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Adeline said:

Yes everybody can, it's just harder for some people.  But it has to be  a real choice. 

Of course! Parenting it’s just an option. And also, we can change our minds and maybe having a children in the future. But only if we want. 

1 hour ago, tony said:

Of course! Parenting it’s just an option. And also, we can change our minds and maybe having a children in the future. But only if we want. 

Oh I wont lmao, i dont like kids, they sucks all your energy lol and I'm not good with responsibility in general,  I have enough to take care with myself. I love my loneliness too much.  But yes , people change their minds sometimes,  I know some

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

Oh I wont lmao, i dont like kids, they sucks all your energy lol and I'm not good with responsibility in general,  I have enough to take care with myself. I love my loneliness too much.  But yes , people change their minds sometimes,  I know some

Your opinion it’s valid, if you don’t want it’s okay, it’s not an obligation. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Adeline said:

i dont like kids, they sucks all your energy lol and I'm not good with responsibility in general,  I have enough to take care with myself. I love my loneliness too much. 

i relate to this a bit too much haha

4 minutes ago, Sechito said:

i relate to this a bit too much haha

You're sweet,  you also kind of a kid lmao ❤ you still have a lot of time to change your opinions , figure out who you are and what makes you happy 

• Love 1